Thursday, March 29, 2007

In which Mr. Crowley rides my white horse...

Today was Sabitathica's annual performance review at the Greatest Music School on the Whole of God's Green Earth. This is a thoroughly charming event, much anticipated, and affectionately known as: First, I'm Going To Pretend To Have The Slightest Idea What Exactly It Is You Do Around Here, And Then I'll Fumble My Way Through Pretending I Can Accurately Assess Your Ability To Execute Those Functions Which, Again, I Really Am Ill-Equipped To Comprehend. Needless to say perhaps, but a rocking good time was had by all.

~~~~~~~

Something I found amusing, this past Saturday night I was hanging out with Madge watching various late-night televangelicals rock the mic on my (five-channel-receiving, rabbit-eared) tv. This was lots of fun - more fun than you probably think it was. Plus, there might have been alcohol involved. At the point where this one particularly sad, rather podgy woman was testimonializing about how wonderful it is to be one of the chosen few who get to know God personally, the following exchange transpired:

Sabitathica: She's never had a religious experience. She just oscillates between hyper-emotionalism and despondency.
Madge: And the Dunkin' Donuts.