Thursday, July 19, 2007

Please advance to the next frame when you hear the beep . . .

or Here come the darkest birds

12:55 pm
Now playing: Leader of the Pack by the Shangri-Las.

I saw Knocked Up last night for the second time. Such a likable film. It hits so many notes, and a good number of them are true to life. I've actually been in several of the arguments that take place in the film, and I've no doubt many other people can say the same. There was alcohol too, in case you were wondering; drinks before and after. To be perfectly honest, I probably shouldn't have driven home last night, a perspective I didn't fully appreciate until this morning. But all's well that ends well and, stupid though I may be, I survive to blog another day.

Today - the day fate has seen fit that I should survive to blog - there are rain squalls. I narrowly escaped getting caught in one walking back from the store earlier. There was a dark cloud following behind me the whole way, never quite overhead; a metaphor for sure, but for what I hesitate to guess . . .

Lots of dreams last night, tactile and vivid, but which fade upon waking.

~~~~~~~

5:48 pm

Leonard Cohen is singing - So Long, Marianne and That's No Way to Say Goodbye. Goddamn, Leonard, how do you do it? He says things I wish I could say. But even though I don't know how to say them, it's good there's someone who does.