Thursday, September 30, 2010

decay

Summer covers, had me a blast
Summer covers, happened so fast


I'm glad the summer covers mini-project is over. I still believe it was a good idea at the time, but I lost interest halfway through and never warmed to any of the results.

You go through the process and sometimes it clicks and sometimes it doesn't. I don't know how to make it click more often. But it's important for me personally to complete projects, and the more projects I complete, the more failures I accrue, and with more failures come more successes.

And so, with recent silly projects freshly off my plate, I had time over the last two days to record the following, somewhat less silly piece, a memento mori in the key of melancholia, and evocative, for me at least, of the aging process.

~~~~~~~

Sabitathica: decay

Somebody should use this piece to accompany an autumnal-themed auto commercial, so I can make a million dollars, quit my job, and complete more projects. I'll even promise to do fewer covers.