Friday, September 21, 2007

She's not a girl who misses much.

"Sex is the mathematical urge repressed." ~ Freud

In an effort to, um, take my mind off things, I've been reacquainting myself with proofs of the law of quadratic reciprocity, the crown jewel of number theory, and Gauss's favorite theorem. Euler conjectured it but Gauss was first to give it proof. If you like, you can hang out with a crisp overview of quadratic reciprocity here. Oh, but it gives me the warm fuzzies...

~~~~~~~

Anyway, there's been dreams. The sleepy Cardinals are hard at hand...


... hallucinating lucidity. What gives?

~~~~~~~

I'm returned tonight from the first half of a NATS Alexander Technique workshop. NATS is the National Association of Teachers of Singing; the Alexander Technique is a way of doing things. I have no association with NATS.

Today it was necessary to leave music school and go to Borders. Being there, I bought a DVD set of fifty - yes, fifty - movies, called SciFi Classics. For twenty dollars. Have you heard about this? Fifty movies. With titles like

* The Incredible Petrified World
* The Atomic Brain
* Attack of the Monsters
* Mesa of Lost Women
* The Astral Factor
* Assignment: Outer Space
* Destroy All Planets

... except there's fifty of them. For twenty dollars. Fuck. ing. sweet. Attack of the Monsters... heh.