Thursday, June 26, 2008

Missed it by that much...

I may or may not have sneaked out of work today to see Get Smart with L in the theater - that's for me to know and you to find out. But I will tell you that if I did play hooky and see Get Smart today, it was tons of fun, even when it wasn't quite fun-ny.

~~~~~~~

My favorite line from an email I received from the chair of a committee I'm on:

"... and then forward the policy to the [...] Council and the university president for their review and (hopefully) approval, as outlined in the policy approval procedure per the recently approved university Policy on Policies."

Wow. The policy approval procedure per the recently approved university Policy on Policies? Seriously? I'm... wow.

~~~~~~~

In other news, I'm going tonight with Mark to see Daniel Johnston at the Variety Playhouse. I've never seen Daniel Johnston. There's an excellent documentary about him which I can recommend, called The Devil and Daniel Johnston. It won the Director Award at Sundance a few years back.