Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Allow me to interrupt all the music-writing to write a little something about music.

Current and ongoing musical projects:

* the winter series;
* Wanda has asked me to put music to a rather devastating new poem she has written. I'm a little behind the 8-ball on this one;
* Mark continues to write new songs and I continue to contextualize them. So far so good;
* L & I are learning to play the entirety of Dark Side of the Moon together and we're inviting friends to play along. Mark is learning it, and Tracie is scheduled for a good-times runthrough this weekend. And if Tim & Justin can ever stop playing ColecoVision long enough to visit their old music-prison warden, they'll be playing it too;
* And speaking of learning entire Pink Floyd records, I'm working up a good-times version of the most dismal awesome record ever made - The Final Cut - in case the Now Today Ensemble decides to adopt it as their "song" this year. Whatever this year's repertoire, it does seem as though the NTE is up for a challenge worthy of its epic potential. Long live the NTE!