Monday, October 5, 2009

Jinx

I've been playing jinx recently, the game where you can make someone stop talking if you say the same thing at the same time. The way we played it growing up, if you talked while in jinx you had to buy the other person a coke. For every word spoken.

But I soon found I wasn't jinxing people as often as I wanted to, so I changed the rules with some people, mostly with L. It's a lot more fun this way.  I now jinx her whenever we even share the same thought. Like,

Sabitathica: Why are zebras striped? It's for camouflage, right? But don't they live on the savanna? What could they be trying to blend in with? Each other? That doesn't seem like it would work.
L: Oh my god, that's so weird. I was just thinking the exact same thing!
Sabitathica: jinx.

Or, in the car, both singing to a song:

Sabitathica & L: "Hey hey mama said the way you move..."
Sabitathica: jinx.

Under the new rules, I could jinx you right now for reading this and following my train of thought, but I won't.  I don't even drink coke.