Monday, February 9, 2009

Six in the second place: progressing, but in sorrow...

Received a call this morning from my friend Scott G, the DJ on 1690 WMLB, making sure I was tuned in to his morning show. I wasn't then, but I am now. He just finished playing Bobby Darrin singing Duke's I'm Beginning to See the Light and now he's spinning Billie Holiday doing He's Funny That Way.

I'm busy with auditions, which are this Friday the 13th.

A student-friend just texted me saying her life is "falling into shambles."

I returned a phonecall to the Deputy Director of the Office of Archaeological Studies in Santa Fe this morning to give a warm-but-not-glowing recommendation for someone who used to work with me.

I was surprised to receive a phonecall from a woman I've seen once in six years who wants to have lunch on Wednesday.

A new aphorism from RF: A reliable sign of an impoverished nature is the seeking of fault in others.

Amen.