Sunday, February 8, 2009

The weirding way ...

In a dream last night: I was in some trouble with the law and laying low. Sitting on a bench in a room with other people and needing to relieve my bladder, I noticed there was a confessional to my left and, ruminating on the similarities between confessionals and bathroom stalls, I entered and closed the door behind me. I said:

"Forgive me Father for I have sinned.
It has been... a long time since my last confession.
Many, many years..."

I hesitated before giving voice to the litany of my sins because I realized I feel guilty about some things which would surely sound benign if I were to speak them aloud, yet feel a lack of contrition about other things which would scandalize anyone who heard me talk about them.

While I'm deciding what to do next, I look around and notice that the walls of the confessional have vanished and I can now see and hear the other people sitting on the benches. They can hear and see me too. My confession is no longer a private activity, but is apparently now to be shared by the community.

~~~~~~~

I attended a Quaker meeting this morning. Ellie came with and a fine time was had by all.

Then off to endure the manifestations of those-who-aspire-to-be-extroverts at a local cafe.

The weather continues to warmen up. This after a terrible cold spell, one of the worst I can remember here in the South.

I spent my afternoon and evening working on various projects while L took Cupid to the dog park. I made a final mix of Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun and created two ringtones - "trailers" for the song - and sent them off to various parties. Reception has been eh.

~~~~~~~

Currently reading Dune and Rosencratz and Guildenstern are Dead.