Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Six in the third place: he who knows no limitation will have cause to lament.

L and I are working our way through The Lord of the Rings films. We did something like this a while back with the six Star Wars movies, which was great fun. The general plan is to watch one installment per Sunday (when possible) until the project is complete. We're currently a little behind schedule - halfway through The Return of the King. Lots of good times...

I picked up a copy of a game called Three Dragon Ante which Ellie and I played when we visited two friends of hers, Sean and Jenny. The game makes me nostalgic for my dorky D&D days and is terrific fun. Maybe the next time you come over to the Nunnery we can play some.

I also just bought a copy of Back in Black by AC/DC, which somehow also makes me nostalgic for dorkier days. AC/DC are not on iTunes so for the first time in a long time I had to buy an actual CD through the actual internet. Buying music anywhere except through the iTunes store makes me feel like I'm living in 1983, as does listening to AC/DC.

Tracie walked into my office today and we had lunch together. First time I've seen her since her father passed. I invited her and her boyfriend over to play Three Dragon Ante.

LBC last night. Jason, Rashid, and myself in attendance. Lots of good times.