Friday, January 8, 2010

The Nunnery in snow...

It snowed here last night, and a photograph of the cowpath outside the Nunnery is submitted as documentary proof:


It may not look like much, but this light glaze constitutes something of a crisis for the good citizens of Bedlam.

It's been cold here since I got back from the North and my car window has been frozen shut since Sunday.

The Nunnery in snow:


Every school, college, university, daycare, dogpark, assisted-living facility, shopping center, hotel, highway, and government building was closed today because of the, um, blizzard. But not Bedlam State University.

Bedlam's Central Authority Administration does not know about sanding or salting roads, and so my commute to music-prison consisted of driving (sliding, really) across long sheets of virgin ice, sometimes hundreds of feet end to end. Cars were turned around facing backways, abandoned in the middle of the glistening road.

~~~~~~~

For some reason Miranda at Slice comped my lunch today. She also gave me a complimentary red-headed slut, which is some sort of silly-person's drink I'm unfamiliar with.

Mark came over for a dinnerparty, which was good times. He gave me a copy of his latest project, instructing me to "have at it". It sounds very good to my ears already, so rather than remix, my plan is to recontextualize. Very exciting.

We also listened to two new things I'm working on:

1. an old song concerning both Jules, whom you know from earlier, and JuJu, the girl who lived across the street from where I grew up, recently re-recorded; and
2. a song that began taking form at Vlindinhauer's on new year's eve.