Friday, May 23, 2008

Amsterdam Centraal

Sitting in a restaurant this afternoon, taking a brief respite from our extended inaugural walk, Josh and I were spotted by R & M, two music students.

I knew that R & M were going to be in Amsterdam for a few days this week, but I didn't know which days, and I hadn't been able to get online yet to contact them and make a plan.

It's nice to be in a place far from home and have the experience of faces, familiar and friendly, stepping out of a crowd and approaching you while you're in a restaurant enjoying a Heineken.

We four reconvened later in the evening in a colorful part of the city and patronized a terrific bar which Josh and I had been to earlier. We found several good places to sit as we drank and talked, and a fine time was had by all.

Josh and I walked the full 210ish blocks back to the hotel Kap where I was finally able the get online.

We plan to wend our way to Harlingen tomorrow. We shall see...