Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Castles made of Spain

This on display in a building near the music school:


~~~~~~~

There is some sort of cosmetic adjustment being made to the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, directly across the street from the 148th greatest place to visit in Bedlam.


~~~~~~~

The very windy day we had recently knocked a tree down across my neighbor-across-the-street's driveway.



~~~~~~~

This time of year I spend a lot of time advising new students into music school. The other day I was advising a girl, while her parents sat outside my office waiting for her. In the middle of the meeting I left my office and introduced myself to her parents and asked them if they had any questions for me.

Father: Yes. (halting, uncertain) Is our daughter ... is she going to be studying ... music?

I told him yes, we talked for another minute, and I re-entered my office.

Sabitathica: So ... your parents don't know you're a music major?
Girl: No, not really.
Sabitathica: But ... how do they not know that? They're sitting outside my office, in the waiting room of the music department. And they must hear you practicing your instrument every day. And plus they drove you to your audition, didn't they?
Girl: I've been living a lie. They think I'm pre-med.
Sabitathica: Well, I just told them you're studying music. Sorry, but your dad asked me directly.
Girl: That's okay. They were bound to find out sooner or later.

~~~~~~~

Listening to Little Wing by Hendrix.