Friday, April 24, 2009

My love won't wait.

Setting foot to porch this morning, I discovered early summer had arrived:


~~~~~~~

Tonight we went to Los Bravos which, I don't speak much Mexican but I think the name means something like "good times" or "we will forget to bring your queso".



They have a mariachi band there, which you can see through the window on the right. Part of the reason we sat on the patio tonight is because the last time we were here on a Friday we sat inside and the band came over to our table and started serenading us, which is very stressful for me and which I dislike.

The bandleader asked us "what would you like to hear?" and before I could answer he helpfully suggested "maybe some Elvis Presley?", which to me seems like some sort of insult, right? Like as if I'm not Mexican enough to have requested something like Herb Alpert. But before I could protest they went ahead and started playing the Elvis song anyway - It's Now or Never - which was actually pretty awesome for a restaurant-level mariachi band, so we (or, rather, I) sang along with them, which I blame on the margaritas, until the band finally moved on to another table, leaving us alone, quesoless but happy.

So tonight we sat outside, where they have neon trees ...


and then it got dark.