Thursday, April 2, 2009

Negative imagination.

I have known people who claim to be busy - so busy that their days and nights are full to overflowing with activity - and yet who nevertheless have no shortage of time for negativity.

In related news, I've received several calls on my esp telephone over the past two months informing me there has been an increase in imagination in the world.

Not the "John Lennon" sort of imagining, which is a controlled picuring of a goal, vorstellung in German, a deliberate attempt to make the future real in the present. More like the moment-to-moment thoughts of the loudest kid in drama class.

This happens periodically and is a loss for everyone, though the imaginers are unfortunately clueless as to what they might be losing.

The last time this happened, I intervened and did what I could to bring the imaginer back to a more grounded, less fictitious world. The person I did this for made it clear through his response that he did not understand what I was doing at the time - probably still doesn't - but at least it worked. Relations were normalized. But this is a pain in my ass. The loss isn't mine to absorb.