Thursday, November 12, 2009

Auditions and monsters


Auditions went well on Friday. Which surprised me a little, since the Rialto had a grotesque art installment which was, in the last analysis, a thinly disguised form of demon-worship. See for yourself:


These things were all over the lobby, hexing innocent auditionees with all manner of evil enchantments. What other explanation could there possibly be for something as hideous as this:


I don't know what it is and I don't care. It's creepy and it needs to go away and leave me alone. Can someone explain to me why this sort of witchery is even remotely acceptable in the 21st Century?

And the strangest part? No one said a thing. No screams, no fainting, no hysteria. I began to wonder if I was the only person who could see these horrid beings. But you can see them, can't you?


For instance, this incredible creature was hovering over the string trio as they played. Hovering! Look at her! Like the Ghost of Halloween Future. And no one said a word.


~~~~~~~

And since we're talking about fucked up devil-monsters, I may as well tell you that we saw this eyesore outside the Crimson Moon Café on our way back from Blood Mountain: A hollow metal guitarist waiting for some devil to tune his strings and and breathe life into him. Robert Johnson meets metal Pinocchio.


And what guitarist hasn't felt this way? Brainless head, lifeless fingers, and playing an instrument such a creature deserves.