Tuesday, November 17, 2009

In the beginning...

It all began with an IM between and myself and Number 6:

2:19 PM Number 6: ...and when you lose control...
you'll reap the harvest you have sown...
and as the fear grows...
the bad blood slows and turns to stone.................
2:20 PM me: go away.
2:21 PM
Number 6: I'm reinstalling windows small business server.
2:22 PM me: I don't care.
do i need the snow leopard update?
Number 6: I dunno, I haven't fucked with it yet.
I hear it does speed shit up.
me: leave me alone.
2:24 PM
Number 6: it's actually a sort of mega-update to Leopard more than a total rewrite of the OS. I think.
me: yeah, i read that.
What Is and What Should Never Be is playing, btw.
2:25 PMloud...
Number 6: Way up high in the sky...
me: Nice.
now stop bothering me.
2:26 PM Number 6: Isn't there a gong towards the end...? As Plant is rapping: "and the wind wont blow and I really shouldnt go and it only goes to show..."
Maybe that's not what he says...
me: I don't care.
go away.
2:27 PM Number 6: I should rap that...
me: yes please.
Number 6: It would be funny to rap it.
2:28 PM me: No, it wouldn't. But you should do it anyway.
If i send you some music can you rap that over it?
Number 6: Yeah, sure... do it!
me: okay, but this music'll be completely unlike what The Zeppelin are playing under those words.
2:29 PM it'll sound more like what's been on the blog recently.
Number 6: yeah, I like what you did with Welcome to the Machine... that was pretty screwed up.
2:30 PM It was too short though...
me: yeah, we did that in like an hour.
if it was too short, press repeat, idiot.
Number 6: wow, an hour...? It would take me two months to do that!
ha
me: leave me alone.

And here were are.

I sent Number Six the beautiful piece below, Autumn 4. The project gradually evolved, and he ended up singing words of his own composition. The finished product will appear in this space soon.

~~~~~~~

Sabitathica: autumn 4