Friday, December 12, 2008

bad dreams...


Two nightmares this week, both of which left me sweating and dreading falling back asleep.

One was about a house I've been dreaming about my whole adult life. It has an uncountable number of rooms, some of which I'm very familiar with, some of which I've seen only rarely. This was the first time I'd seen this particular area, which was evil and somewhat sentient. The other dream I'm not telling.

I knew this guy at Hampshire who talked about how he mapped his dreams. He drew them out on paper every morning when he woke up. He was trying to figure out how to get from one dream-territory to another, and which doors led to which rooms, etc. Then, he said, there came a time when he found the map itself inside his dreams and he was able to navigate by it, but I didn't believe him.