Saturday, January 6, 2007

'I weep for you,' the Walrus said. 'I deeply sympathize.'

9:14 AM
Dr. Bombay's

The music here is questionable. Not bad, just tired. It comes from this mix that repeats over and over, so that I've heard it all several times by now. So I'm listening to Low's The Great Destroyer on earphones. And the sky is threatening to let go, which is fine by me.

I haven't written anything in the past week and I'll tell you why. I haven't had internet at the Nunnery since The Great Best Buy Debacle of 2006. Like three months.

But last night I was out at, what's it called, Sidebar, with Rashid, Jason and Josh. I had 'just one' and then R and I went back to the Nunnery where he got me back online. Huzzah! R gifted me a modem he bought for $1.50 at a yard sale.

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, 'But Sabitathica, why didn't you just post from work? Or anyplace else? Just because you have no internet at home (a tragedy, to be sure) doesn't mean you can't post at all, does it? I thought you were serious about this blog. What are you, a loser? Get it together! Loser.'

Okay. Everybody just relax. Chill out and I'll explain.

I work at a music school in Atlanta, where my job is, in a nutshell, to make sure that everything runs smoothly. Meaning, whenever students have problems, I fix them. And if you've ever known any music students, adorable, shiny things that they are, you know that they have problems *at least* as often as regular, non-music students. And since classes begin this coming Monday, this week was busy. Too busy to post. On top of which, someone hacked into my work computer yesterday, so IS&T cut me off from the network. So I wasn't able to get online (or do anything else, really) from 10:00 AM on.

So relax, cowboy. The important thing is, we're together now. Let's just try to enjoy it, what do you say?


~~~~~~~

9:46 AM

What I said about the sky earlier? About it being menacing and such? Not anymore. Now it's a sweet lazy blue, no clouds at all.

Inside the earphones is When I Go Deaf by Low. Outside the earphones, vying for a piece of my aural real estate, is Ray Charles, Georgia On My Mind.

Rashid and I were drinking Armagnac (hors d'age) last night after we got back to the Nunnery, a bottle I keep here for good friends.

The time had come (the walrus said) to talk of many things. Mostly about maximizing personal potential. R is writing a paper documenting his current situation, identifying his goals, and outlining his plan for attaining them. Rashid is one of the people who consistently make me feel more internally organized just from spending time with him.

Norah Jones is on the house system but she's being drowned out by London Calling, loud in my earphones.