Monday, January 22, 2007

Reigning cats on blogs

The Nunnery
7:28 PM

Listening to a record Jennifer just burned (if you're from the RIAA, substitute 'bought') for me. Several Arrows Later by a band called Matt Pond PA. A singer-songwriter with a likeable, tight, understated band, good song structures, and his voice is growing on me. It reminds me of the record Steve McQueen by Prefab Sprout from 1985. High praise, that.

Here's some photographs for all you shy, beautiful people out there in radioland. Cheer up, freaks! If you don't start looking like you're having fun, there will be serious repercussions! Or else!


This was Sunday afternoon during the rain squall, facing south.




This is Minnie, the neighborhood cat I said about earlier. This was maybe a half-hour ago. She wanted to come in after I returned from sloughing the garbage/recycling to the curb. It's been a while since she's graced the Nunnery and it's good to have her back.




And here she is again on my lap.




Good kitty.