Sunday, January 14, 2007

See the marketplace in old Algiers, send me photographs and souvenirs

Dr. Bombay's
11:25 AM

The rest of yesterday was spent low key. Taking it easy, not drinking. I talked to my sister, K. She was at home, her home, waiting for her daughter, my goddaughter, to get back from visiting with her daddy. K and I talked for about an hour, on two topics, mostly: 1) her job and 2) our family, with no lack of material on either front.

I had planned on using that phone call to straighten out a problem that came up with the Bath and Body Works gift certificate I sent her via email. The problem? Apparently I had it sent to the wrong email address. An old one, one she doesn't use anymore. As I say, I was going to straighten it out, but I got interrupted by a phone call from Regina, an old friend/girlfriend I haven't heard from in about a year and a half. We caught up for a little while, then I returned to 'taking it easy, not drinking'.


~~~~~~~

12:12 PM

Just got a phone call from my parents. They seemed happy. Which reminds me, I was reading about a 10-year study where these researchers from U Washington developed a mathematical model which predicts (with 94% accuracy!) which marriages will survive and which will end in divorce. The URL is http://marriage.about.com/cs/longlasting/a/math.htm.

A key finding: 'Couples with the best chance for long lasting marriages are couples who have a sense of humor, are affectionate, able to lovingly tease, and take interest in one another.' Wow, thanks science!

Now playing over the in-house system: You Belong to Me. Which is a coincidence, because I woke up with this song in my head this morning, I was singing it in the shower, and I haven't been able to shake it all day.